Student Activities Regulations
Article 1. Activity Sphere of Regulations
- The Student Activities Regulations (hereinafter – the Regulations) regulates Ltd – Higher Education “Education Academy” (hereinafter “Academy”) obtaining of student status, educational programs training, duties and responsibilities, the student’s status renewal, termination, suspension of mobility, and also other relations between the Academy and
Article 2. Student and status of the student
2.1. Student of Academy is a person who enrolled and studies at the Academy according to the Rule determined by the Law of Georgia and Academy Regulations about “Higher Education” (keeping the Rules and Regulation) within the BA / Vocational education program.
Article 3. Student’s‘ rights
- Academy student has the rights:
- Take the qualified education in accordance with his/her interests;
- To obtain information about the Academy’s administration and the definition of their rights, educational programs and other resources of the Academy;
- Take part in the activities of the Academy;
- Under the legislation of Georgia to get detailed information about the activities of the Academy;
- According to Academy regulations, bylaws, the student regulations and by the other established rules under the same conditions to use the material-technical, library and information services and other means;
- On the basis of universal, direct and equal elections by secret ballot to choose a representative and be elected in the student self-government;
- Establish and / or join in student organizations in accordance of his/her own interests;
- Take part in events organized by the Academy;
- Take part in improvement and perfection of the academy training, service, educational programs quality, in evaluation of professors and educational programs through the filing of the questionnaire (if applicable);
- a) Periodically evaluate the service provided by academic and administrative staff;
- b) From time to time evaluate the educational programs of the Academy;
- By keeping the general public and the ethical norms to express freely his/her opinion on and reasonably refuses to share the ideas, which are offered in the learning process;
- According to the legislation of Georgia and the university regulations to get a scholarship, financial or material assistance and other benefits from the Government, Academy, or other sources;
- Choose a training program for further studies and to gain qualifications;
- Take the right of internal mobility and continue their studies in other educational program of the same university;
- In fixed term to choose the optional components of the educational program, or to take part in the development of an individual educational program, within the limits determined by the legislation;
- If necessary, ask professors for additional consulting for purpose of preparation tasks within the training discipline (presentations, papers, projects, etc.);
- Request a fair assessment of knowledge;
- To request the information on Academic activities evaluation and other information and the protection of privacy in cases considered by law:
- a) Within three working days require for his/her academic progress and the certificate on accumulation of credits – mark sheet;
- b) Within three working days to require a student status certificate;
- Take the right of mobility and continue his/her studies in other higher education institution in accordance with the law of Georgia about “Higher Education” and the Regulations issued by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia;
- Apply to the academy on suspension of the student status, release him/her from learning process and other rights and obligations stated terms in the application, but not more than 5 years;
- Be hired and work at the Academy on the position of the support staff under a condition and form which the student will be able to fulfill the obligations and duties without hindrance;
- Carry out other powers granted by the legislation of Georgia;
- It isn’t allowed to restrict students’ academic freedom of if he/she does not take part in the decision of organizational issues of the educational process, providing high-quality teaching, discipline and security, and is not directed against the purposes and principles of this Regulation for the prevention activities.
- Disabled students have the right to request the relevant necessary conditions to get a comprehensive education, which can be expressed in the creation of the material-technical base and determination of other conditions.
- The student is not allowed to:
- Establish a political organization within the academy or its subdivisions, or agitate any political organization or its unit.
- Abuse other students, academy staff or professors from the physical, ethnic, religious, political and / or racial discrimination viewpoint;
- Use the name of the academy, so that its use does not inflict harm to the reputation of the Academy;
- Give his/her rights and obligations to third parties.
Article 4. The student’s obligation and responsibility
- Academy student is obliged:
- keep the rules and norms determined by the regulations of the Academy and the student statute;
- follow the requirements determined by the educational program and according to the Academy’s training program to learn the disciplines, which he/she selected and / or which are compulsory for study;
- Fulfill its obligations under the agreement concluded with the Academy;
- Pay the tuition fees within the period stipulated in the contract, or a payment schedule set out by the Financial Department by strict compliance;
- follow the ethics and universally accepted norms of behavior, and also to protect the integrity of academic standards;
- According to the established rules of registration of academic disciplines in each semester to make, alter and / or cancel the registration of academic disciplines considered by the educational program;
- Not to disclose confidential (not public) information of the Academy to a third party, if a student is the Academy support staff;
- Immediately inform the representative of the relevant dean’s office or learning process management of the Academy about changes of the address in the personal card, contact and personal information;
- Care of the library resources, taken out the textbook material or return the books to the library within the determined period in the same form which had been given to him/her;
- Care of the material resources and equipment, not to harm them purposely, and not to do such actions, which definitely will cause injury of material resource and inventory;
- Attend the lectures provided by course syllabus and schedule;
- Appear at the lecture provided in accordance with a training schedule;
- Take a test, an examination-paper, a synopsis, a project or other tasks required by course syllabus within a specified period determined by a lecturer, otherwise, a professor has the right not to take over a student’s paper for assessment;
Obtaining student status, mobility, suspension, restoration, termination and other relations between the Academy and the student
Article 5. Obtaining student status
- The prerequisite for obtaining the status of a student:
- The precondition of obtaining the status of a student’s educational program of the first level Higher education is:
- a) A person has a general education and its conforming certificate;
- b) Taking Unified National Exams and obtain the right to continue studies;
- The obtaining of right of enrollment in Avademy on the first level educational program of academic higher education (bachelor’s qualification) is carried out on the basis of the law of Georgia “about Higher Education” and on the defined rules of the regulations of Unified National Exams and on the results of successfully passing Unified National Exams.
- The student must submit a completed student’s personal card, which is available in the electronic format on the Academy’s website or should be completed by submitting other documents in the Academy;
- A copy of the identity document;
- Military Service Card (for men);
- 2 ¾ photos and an electronic version of the photograph;
- In case of admission rights in Academy on the related Educational Program, the person obtaining the student status he/she has to pass through the following steps:
- He/she has to pass the primary register in the Academy and fill out a student’s personal card;
- In the relevant Dean’s Office or Learning Process Management Service to submit the documents determined by the regulations and the legislation;
- Sign a contract with Academy;
- Enrollment in Academy is carried out on the basis of the initial registration and signing the contract and is eligible for admission within 10 working days before the semester starts.
- The person being eligible for admission on the relevant educational program and who won’t pass the first registration will not be granted the status of a student.
Article 6. Students mobility
- Student mobility in the Academy is carried out in accordance with the legal acts and legal acts of the Academy existing in the field of education in Georgia
6.1.1 LEPL the National Center for Education Quality Development administers mobility procedures;
- In the Academy student mobility is carried out within one level, the education programs of certified doctor / dentist / veterinarian are considered as compatible with the first level of higher educational program. Mobility is prohibited from the vocational education program in bachelor educational program.
- Student mobility can be carried out both from other higher education institution and between the faculties and programs within the Academy (internal mobility).
- 3.1 Internal Mobility is announced twice a year by LEPL the National Center for Education Quality Development in the appointed term and internal mobility is carried out determined by the individual administrative- legal act of the head of LEPL National Center for Education Quality Development on the electronic portal of enrolling students two days before the registration deadline.
- In the Academy student mobility is possible according to the legislation.
- Relevant to educational programs the Academy sends the number of places of students to be enrolled to LEPL National Center for Education Quality Development within the terms set by the center;
6.5.1 The right of mobility has the person who has been admitted according to the legislation and at the moment is registered as a student of the institution on LEPL National Center for Education Quality Development e-portal, or he/she has been suspended student’s status of the institution as well as a person who has successfully passed the Unified National Exams, and for enrollment purposes might not apply the indicated institution had been ranged in the document confirmed by the minister of Education and Science of Georgia as the institution had been liquidated without defining successor, the institution had lost an authorizationor educational program is not carried out.
6.5.2. Student will be eligible for mobility on the relevant higher education level of training a year later. In training period it does not include the time during which a person had been suspended student status, or the institution was liquidated without defining of a successor, the institution lost an authorization or educational program is not carried out, a student is eligible for mobility despite the length of the study period.
- In the Academy provided by LEPL National Center for Education Quality Development an interview may be appointed for the candidates for admission by mobility with the Commission.
- The candidates to be enrolled by mobility should submit a gain score paper of a primary Higher Education Institution in Academy Learning Management Service or in a relevant Dean’s office and in case of the additional requirements from the Academy, academic disciplines syllabi approved by the stamp of a primary Higher Education Institution.
- Learning Process Management Service together with Quality Assurance Service will discuss a candidate’s transcripts for admission by mobility (if necessary, sealed syllabi of the primary educational institution) and establishes compliance with ECTS credits.
- Academy sends a written notification to “National Center for Education Quality Development” a list of students for admission and a draft of enrollment order on the basis of which the Center will state on the consent of student’s admission by mobility indicated in the project of the order.
- After receiving a positive conclusion on the order of the project by the centre the order of the institution on enrollment of student mobility will be issued.
- Rector’s order on enrollment of student mobility will be issued before October 1 for autumn semester or before March 1 for spring semester. The order will be reflected in the registry within 2 working days after issuing and within 3 working days will be sent to the centre.
- On the basis of the registry data, the order will be issued by the institution from where the student transfers to other Institutions on the termination of the student’s status enrolled in other institution, and after the student’s request within 1 week the extract from the order will be issued, as well as an educational document, on the basis of which he/she has been enrolled in this institution, and other documents existed in the student’s personal file. The order on termination of the student’s status and related electronic version information in accordance with format of an individual administrative –legal act established by the director of the Centre will be submitted to the Centre before October 7 in the autumn semester or before March 7 in the spring semester.
- On mobility after the consent of LEPL “the National Center for Education Quality Development” of – “National Center” the enrolled student will be enrolled on the basis of the following submitted documents and after the primary registration:
- a) Transcript;
- b) A copy of ID;
- c) Previous qualification – general education certificate
- d) 2 photos ¾ and the electronic version of the photograph
- e) Registered Military Service Card (for men);
- f) Students card filled in by Academy, which is available in electronic format on the Academy website or may be filled after submitting documents;
- The student is able to carry out internal mobility, i.e. to move within one level from one educational program to another program within the Academy, according to this regulation;
- Students of internal mobility may have to submit an application to the Learning Process Management Service of the Academy;
- Learning Process Management Service together with Quality Assurance Service will discuss the student mobility requirement and his/her marks and credits datas and will set compliance of ECTS credits in accordance with regulations of academic management student activities provisions and will make a decision on internal mobility, approved by the Rector.
Article 7. Suspension and resumption of a student’s status
- Suspension of a student’s status has been based on:
- Personal statement;
- Request of an academic holiday;
- Not passing of semestrial registration;
- Long-term illness;
- Pregnancy (a student’s request);
- Marital status;
- Study abroad in higher education institution;
- Non-payment of fees for study within the appointed time (financialdebt);
- Non-performance of the requirements of the related educational program (academic poor progress);
- Disciplinary sanction or non-performance (academic and disciplinary non- conscientiousness’, violation of standards of public ethics);
- Criminal liability for serious or particularly serious crime before the verdict;
- Disconnect with Academy by a student before establishment of reasons;
- Non-performance of obligations by a student;
- From the moment of a student’s status suspension in later period, the academy and the student are free from reciprocal rights and duties, in addition his/her the rights and obligations arising before the suspension of the status;
- A student have neeb terminated his/her status uses mobility ( transfer) right to other higher education institutions;l mobility
- After five years of suspension of a student’s status a student is suspended a student’s status except for cases prescribed by law.
- Suspension and recovering of a student’s status is carried out by the Academy Rector ‘s order or by submitting (recommendation) of the related faculty or/and Learning Process Management Service;
- Student status can be recovered if the circumstances will be eliminated which has became the basis for the suspension of student status.
- In case of recovering of a student status he/she continues to study in the academic semester in which he/she was suspended student status.
- In case of recovering of a student status the Academy is competent to require overview educational contract conditions together with a student;
- If the educational program, on the basis of which a student was enlisted is abolished in the suspension period of his/her status or changed the status of a student in the moment of recovering, the student is competent to continue his/her study for the same educational program or use mobility ( transfer ) right in other higher education institutions, in accordance with legislation.
Article 8. Termination of student status
Student status can be terminated:
- Completion of the appropriate level of the educational program;
- Personal Statement;
- The failure to reach the goals set by the program of studies of the educational program the deadline established by the Academy, if applicable;
- The impossibility of achieving the objective of the educational program for poor academic progress, if a student can’t pass a training discipline three times – get a positive assessment;
- a valid judgment of a serious or especially serious crime, the criminal responsibility of the accused, which provides for more than 5 years of imprisonment;
- The Academy charter and rule, regulations of structural units and violations of other internal legal acts which can significantly harm the Academy, its students, academic and administrative staff.
- The Academy is obliged to inform the person at the time of the the student’s status termination, listen to his/her position, give him/her an opportunity to present explanations.
- Termination of student status shall be made by the Rector’s order.
8.3.1 The legal consequences on termination of student status, considered by the Rector’s individual administrative legal Act shall be after 12 (twelve) months of the issuing the Order,
During this period the student status is considered as suspended and the student may use the right of mobility, except in cases when the termination of student status is incompatible with receiving institution charter.
8.3.2 In case of the termination of the status of the student is allowed to re-gain it prescribed by the legislation.
- Termination of the status of a student leads to the rescinding of a concluded contract with a student which does not relieve the parties arising before the rescinding of the contract and not the fulfilled of mutual obligations.
- Termination of student status can be appealed in court in accordance with established procedure.
Article 9. Contract between the Academy and the student
- A necessary condition for obtaining the status of a student is registration of the learning framework agreement (contract) made by the student with the Academy;
- Before the start of each semester during the semestrial registration, which confirms his/her desire and readiness to learn obligatory anf elective academic learning disciplines selected by him/her;
- In case of the requirement by a sudent on registration of individual training program, during a year or semester additional training disciplines or the second study (more than 60 ECTS credits annually) of academic discipline, an additional agreement of learning framework contract may be signed between the Academy and the student.
- The signed Learning Framework Agreement with a student contains the following essential requisites:
- a) The name of the Academy, and registration data;
- b) The student’s name, family name and personal number;
- c) The level of higher education and educational program, on what the student is enlisted;
- d) The cost of the related educational program and / or ECTS credits, calculation and payment rules of a semestrial fee;
- e) Mutual duties and responsibilities of parties for their non-fulfillment;
- f) Suspension, resumption and termination conditions of a student status established by legislation;
- g) The date of the contract and the term;
- h) The signatures of the parties or their representatives;
The contract is signed by the Rector of the Academy or the acting person from his/her side and an adult student, or a minor student and his/her legal representative from the other side.
The term of Training Framework Agreement may be defined as follows:
- Students’ first level Training Framework Agreement of the higher education of the Academy is concluded between the Academy and a person having the right of enrolling in educational programs for a four-year term, and subsequently to the possibility of extension for an additional two years.
- A copy of Training Framework Agreement and its Additional Protocol is given to the student, and the second one is kept in the student’s personal file.
- Training Framework Agreement and its various forms of supplemental agreements are approved by the rector of the Academy.
Article 10. Tuition fees, payment terms and privileges
- In Academy tuition fees according to higher education levels and / or educational programs is established by the Rector;
- The semestrial amount of tuition fees must be paid before the beginning of the appropriate semester on the basis of signed registration agreement during the semester registration;
- The fee must be paid in cash settlement, by means of transferring to Academy bank account;
- The annual tuition fee is calculated on the base of a student’s average annual hours which is 60 ECTS credits for educational programs of higher education. In case of the a student’s request on individual training program, the cost of the program is determined by agreement between a student and the Academy and is registered officially in writing;
- Academy student from the year or semester registration request additional academic disciplines or academic discipline for the second time to study the cases, the academic disciplines to study the additional fee is determined by the rector of the Academy. In this case, additional taxes may be concluded between the student and the Academy of Learning Framework Agreement.
- In cases of the requirement by a sudent on registration of individual training program, during a year or semester additional training disciplines or the second study of academic discipline, an additional fee of learning disciplines will be determined by the Rector’s order. In this case may be concluded additional Training Framework Agreement between the student and the Academy.
- The Academy is authorized to make a decision on the distribution of the tuition fee for students;
- By the request on the distribution of tuition fees for the semester registration period, by filling in specializing form form (which can be obtained from the Dean’s Office), the student must apply to the related faculty of the Academy;
- Changes of conditions to the terms of tuition fees and rules are defined by the rector of the Academy.
Registration of students, academic activities
Regulation and assessment
Article 11. Initial and semestrial registration
- After receiving the right of enrollment in Academy to obtain the status of a student, a person has to make an initial registration in the relevant faculty or/and on Learning Process Management Service before the beginning of the first semester within the appointed terms by the Rector’s individual administrative-legal act;
- The academy notifies a person having the right of admission about the information of the dates of the initial registration on the placement of his/her application on the website or by phone / e-mail (if such information is available for Academy about a person).
- Before the beginning of initial registration period the Academy is authorized to appoint a meeting the information of which the Academy posts on its own website.
- During initial registration:
- A person having the right of enrollment in an educational program should submit the following documents and sign an educational framework agreement with the Academy:
- a) The completed student’s personal card, which is electronically available on the Academy’s website or may be filled in on submitting the documents;
- b) ID card or a copy of a passport;
- c) The Complete General Education Certificate – Certificate;
- d) Registered Military Service Card (for men);
- e) Unified National Exams Certificate;
- f) 2 photos ¾ and the electronic version of the photograph;
- Semestrial registration process:
- Semestrial registration announcement is carried out before the start of each semester by the issued Rector’s Order;
- The start of the registration must be carried out no later than one month before the beginning of the semester and must be ended in five working days before the beginning of a semester;
- On the start of the semestrial registration during the semester there must be placed on web-site of the Academy the list of the proposed academic disciplines relevant to Academy educational Programs and the initial schedule in accordance with the faculties, education levels and educational programs;
- Notification of on the beginning of the semestrial registration and the list of the proposed academic disciplines during the semester and the initial schedule shall be sent to the student via e-mail.
- After the completion of the semester registration period, if in any specific group of academic discipline are registered less than 8 students, the Academy has the right to cancel the semestrial registration of students in the noted academic discipline and provide offering of other educational discipline considered by the educational program. The change must be registered as changing form of semestrial registration agreement.
- A student is obliged to make the semestrial registration before the start of the semester, no later than 5 working days and make the semestrial registration agreement.
- Before making the semestrial registration agreement during the semester the student must select academic disciplines. The student is able to select academic disciplines through the website or by the manager’s help. In case of selecting by means of E-mail and registration, the student is obliged to sign an agreement of semestrial registration and present it to a faculty manager or visit the faculty manager of the Academy to sign a registration contract no later than the final day of the semestrial registration.
- Selected academic disciplines during semestrial registration, the student can change number of disciplins and a group at any time before the end of the semester registration term if he/she has not signed a final agreement on the semestrial registration. The students can change the semestrial registration through the website as well as with the help of the faculty manager.
- If the student has signed the agreement on semestrial registration but the semestrial registration term has not been completed, only once during the period of registration the student can change selected academic disciplines, number of disciplins and a group registration by making amendments to the registration agreement only with the help of the manager. On making amendments in semestrial registration agreement the modifying form of the agreement is registered and the student is obliged to sign it before the end of the registration period;
- After the semestrial registration process, but no later than 10 working days after the start of the semester, the student has the right only once to alter academic disciplines during the semestrial registration, number of disciplins and a group registration by making amendments to the registration agreement only with the help of the manager. The student can change only with the help of the manager. On making amendments in semestrial registration agreement the modifying form of the agreement the student is obliged to sign this form.
- It is prohibited to make amendments in semestrial registration agreement within 10 working days after the start of the semester.
- Before the start of the semester, no later than 5 working days the student is able to carry out the semestrial registration and sign a semestrial registration agreement in delayed registration mode. In this case, the Academy has the right to require the student a late registration fee;
Article 12. Regulation Rule of Student’s Academic Activities and Conditions
- A student is counted as valid the lectures hourly amount of 20% of absence considered by syllabus of academic disciplines and relevant to the schedule.
- If the student during the semester missed course lectures hourly amount of more than 20% he/she must submit a certificate, for what reason he/she has missed lectures, otherwise the Academy has the right to cancel the student’s semestrial registration on the academic discipline and the student is required to study the denoted academic disciplines again. In this case, the student will not be returned study fees of the academic discipline.
- It is prohibited by the student absence for more than 50% of the hourly quantities for a valid and not valid reasons considered by course syllabus and schedule of lectures. In this case, the student will be canceled a semestrial registration on a course discipline and if the reason of missed lectures is valid then a study of the academic discipline fee will be transferred to the next semester.
- The student has the right to restore discipline considered by the course syllabus tests / written questions of a maximum of 20%, of their absence. If a student has missed more than 20% of tests / written questions considered by course syllabus, he/she is able to restore them, in case of confirmation of a valid reason for missed lectures.
- The restoration of an independent the work and submitting it late is allowed only in case, if it is considered by a course syllabus.
- In case of missing midterm and final exams, the student must apply to the academic manager; submit a reference confirming a reason of a valid absence and fill in a request form of restoring missed exam addressed to the Dean. The examination shall be decided by the Dean.
- As a valid reason is supposed a missed lecture/exam considered by course syllabus
- a) Deterioration of a state of health – the student must submit a certificate from a medical institution;
- b) Business trip – the student must submit a certificate from an office on business trip;
- c) Domestic reasons – the student must submit an application in advance, that he/she is unable to attend lectures / exam for domestic reasons.
- Midterm and final exams, as well as tests and written test results taken within 1 week a professor is obliged to introduce students to the evaluation rate of questions during the lecture period and placement of information on the Academy’s Web site.
- Independent work – projects, case studies, homework – and announcement of the results will be provided and placed on the Academy’s website by professors delivering no later than 2 weeks;
- The student has the right to appeal against the results of the mid-term and final exam. within 2 days after the introduction. In case of appeal a student fills in an evaluation appeal application addressed to the faculty manager. After the appeal, within the 5 working days the student’s work will be considered by all professors of the given course discipline/field and it will be re-evaluated again. The rate is final.
- The individual mode of teaching considers to transfer students to individual educational plan in accordance to his/her request; the pre-condition of transfer to the individual mode can be:
- a) In case of cancellation of Bacheor’s educational program, to transfer students to similar educational program;
- b) Carry out students’ mobility from other higher education institutions;
- c) Lagging behind his/her group because of family and / or health problems;
- d) After resumption of the student’s status the difference of the student’s educational program with the existing educational program before the suspension of student’s status;
- e) A personal statement.
- The issue of student’s transfer to individual mode is considered by the Academy’s training process management service together with the quality assurance department and in case of the positive decision by them the draft resolution will be submitted to the Rector.
- On transition to individual mode of teaching, students have the right to study the academic disciplines for a maximum of 75 ECTS credits during academic year, the preconditions of which have been assessed positively.
- Students can study academic disciplines at least a minimum of amount of 40 ECTS credits during the academic year and a maximum of amount of 75 ECTS credits.
- During the study of same academic discipline and in case of a student’s negative final assessment three times, the student’s status will be suspended.
- Academy provides each term and the total ratings estimation of a student’s academic activities, summing up of a final evaluation through the medium evaluation during studying of academic disciplines.
Article 13. Evaluation System of the student’s academic activities, regulation and forms
- In Academy students’ academic activities of each academic discipline is rated by the following system:
|Excellent||A (more than 91)||Positive assessment|
|Very good||B (81 – 90)||Positive assessment|
|Good||C (71 – 80)||Positive assessment|
|Average||D (61 – 70)||Positive assessment|
|Satisfactory||E (51 – 60)||Positive assessment|
|FX (failed)||FX (41-50)||Negative assessment|
|Failed||F (less than 40% )||Negative assessment|
- a) FX – could not pass, this means that the student needs to work more hardly and has given a chance by independently work to pass once more the additional exam.
- b) F – failed, the work have been done by the student is not enough and needs to re-study the discipline.
- In Academy a maximum assessment of academic discipline is 100 points.
- If a student has got FX in academic discipline, in this case he/ase is given the right to pass the final exam for a second time. Additional final exam can be set not less than 10 days from the final exam.
- If a student has got F in academic disciplines, he/she has to re-study the academic discipline pay the tuition fees for the academic discipline.
13.5. The student is allowed to pass a final examination which accumulates at least 51 points taking into account an intermediate assessment and the maximum point of final examination.
13.6 Conditions of taking additional examination
In case of absence for the main examination, it is allowed to take related additional examination on the basis of the student’s written application addressed to the dean by indicating a valid reason and submitting a confirming document. The decision on a student’s admission for examination is made by the dean.
Article 14. Academic degree granting / annulment or issue of the diploma
14.1. After completion of the bachelor’s level a graduate is assigned to the appropriate academic degree / qualification and issued a certificate confirming a related education signed by the Academy Rector and Dean of the Faculty and diploma stamped by a seal of the institution.
- The types of diplomas are:
“Honors Diploma”_ in case of assessment knowledge for (91 _ 100) %
Diploma, in case of assessment knowledge for (51 _ 90) %;
Student Code of Conduct
Article 14. Scope of Student Conduct Code
- Student Code of Conduct sets the rules of conduct on carring out the general student and educational programs (academic).
Article 15. The general rules of conduct and disciplinary misconduct
- During studying in Academy student must follow the general rules of conduct in society.
- Unethical behavior and the student disciplinary misconduct, which may lead to initiation of disciplinary proceedings, will be considered:
- Training-educational process obstruction:
- It is not admissible noise at lecture;
- b) Using a mobile phone, and using them for the calculator and / or other purposes;
- c) Making noise in the corridor and during the educational process;
- d) Attempt to disrupt a lecture and /or the examination or disruption;
- Except the specially designated areas, smoking in the academy;
- Bringing in alcohol, narcotic and psychotropic substances, reception and distribution in the territory of Academy;
- Playing gambling games in the territory of Academy;
- Bringing in and distribution of political and religious propaganda, advertising flyers and leaflets and distribute in the territory of Academy;
- Holding political speeches and meetings in the territory of Academy;
- Entering the territory of Academy with fire, gas or shot guns;
- If the student has the right to carry arms in the territory of Academy, he/she is obliged to hand over the weapons to the security service before leaving the area.
- Intentional damage of Academy material resources, equipment and library resources or acting in a way that clearly causes damage to the above-mentioned resources.
- Physical or verbal abuse made by the student to other students, academic, administrative and assistant personnel, and / or professors;
- Verbal abuse made by the student to other students, academic, administrative and support personnel, and / or professors and teachers on race, religious faith , ethnic or any other grounds;
- Littering of the Academy territory, the distortion of facade, damage of plants;
- Disobedience to person’s requirements authorized with the disciplinary measurements:
- Academy student is obliged not be late to lectures and other educational events.
- All students of Academy are obliged to have a student card.
Article 16 Student Code of Conduct on Academic Activities
16.1. On carrying out academic activities, the student should act honestly within academic framework, which considers plagiarism, copying, not using someone’s work (without citation).
- Academic activities and academic dishonest unethical behavior will be considered:
- An attempt to steal written testing / tests and the examination questions, their theft and distribution;
- The pressure on another student, academic, administrative and support personnel, professors and teachers by exorting a written work, examination questions and tests;
- Usage of training materials, synopsis, projects, qualification papers, tests, exams and other materials for commercial purposes;
- An attempt of copying by the student from another student’s work during written testing – test, and/or the use of other materials during written testing – test, examinations which are not allowed beforehand by the professors and teachers of academic discipline;
- Submission of another students’ or persons’ works as their own works;
- Obstruction of another students in studying and academic activities process by hiding, stealing or destruction of necessary resources;
- Promotion and encouragement in the case of other student’s academic dishonest behavior;
- To buy work of academic qualification;
- Appropriation of another’s work – synopsis, project, qualification work by a plagiary – student and / or inobservance of citation rules in the work – appropriation o someone’s words, opinions;
- Obtaining and/or distribution of confidential information about examination, and use of other confidential information;
- Theft, destruction, changes of other student’s work.
- Falsification of assessment documents of Academy data, academic activities (sheets, transcripts).
Article 17. The student’s responsibility, disciplinary prosecution and punishment
- Disciplinary prosecutes can be arisen towards the student only in case of conduct Academy regulations, the present student regulations and the Student Code of Ethics.
- Student disciplinary pursuit must be proportional to the disciplinary violation.
- Disciplinary prosecution towards a student does not restrict a student’s right to participate in the learning process, except if it is a threat to another person’s rights, health, property and safety of the Academy.
- The student has the right to attend examination of his/her case, the right of defense, express his/her opinions and give explanations to Academy administration.
- Information on the implementation of a student’s disciplinary proceedings could not be made known to third parties until the end of the prosecution and before making a decision without the student’s consent.
- Disciplinary measures against the student are made by the Academy administration under assignment of the Rector. On the basis of issue an Order the Rector of the Academy is authorized to create the Independent Temporary Disciplinary Commission on decision of disciplinary persecution problems:
- In case of creation of the Independent Temporary Disciplinary Commission membership its composition should include:
- a) Head of Quality Assurance Service;
- b) Head of Learning Process Management Department of the Academy;
- c) The Dean of the Faculty, where the student is studying;
- d) Chairman of Student Self-government or his/her representative;
- e) Two representatives of the academic staff by the Rector.
- Temporary independent disciplinary committee will review and develop the decision about disciplinary prosecutions and punishment which will be submitted for approval to the Rector.
- The decision of Commission on disciplinary prosecution and punishment is approved by the Rector’s order.
- On the basis disciplinary prosecution the Academy is authorized to make one of the following decisions:
- a) On the student’s disciplinary prosecution termination;
- b) On giving notice to the student;
- c) On imposing a fine towards students (this rule is used only in the case of student misconduct the Academy has suffered the material damage);
- d) Suspension of the status towards the student and his/her removal from learning process for the specified period;
- e) The termination of the status of a student for misconduct action – especially serious misconduct or misconduct committed repeatedly.
- The student has the right to appeal to court against the decision taken by the Academy.
- The decision of the student disciplinary sanctions is included in the student’s personal file.
- In case of violation of rules of conduct during carrying out educational programs (academic) towards the student can be used for the following types of disciplinary punishment (sanction):
- verbal warning;
- Severe reprimanding;
- Imposing monetary penalties, only in case of suffering significant material damage to the Academy;
- Semestral registration of academic discipline;
- Suspention of student’s status;
- Termination of student status.
- Violations of the student code of ethics in the present redulations of student activities and in case of actions carried out by the student, termination of student status will be implemented as disciplinary punishment.
- Violations of the student code of ethics in the present redulations of student activities and in case of actions carried out by the student, student status can be terminated or suspended semestrial registration of academic discipline can be abolished or not be allowed hereinafter to the remaining lectures during a semester.
Article 18. Student encouragement
- The Academy should encourage the present students’ activities, keeping the student’s
Rule on code of ethics considered in the Provision and high assessment of academic activities.
The student’s encouragement means used by the Academy are the following:
- announcement of gratitude;
- Pecuniary reward or gifts;
- The decision about student’s encouragement is made and approved by the Rector and contemporary commission created on student encouragement is submitted by the Rector’s order, the Dean of the faculty, Students self-government.
- In case of creation of contemporary commission of student encouragement, it includes:
- Head of Learning Process Management Service;
- The Faculty Deans of the Academy;
- Chairman of the Academy self or his/her representative;
- Three members of the academic staff of the Academy
Article 19. Student Self-government
- Academy student self-government (hereinafter as student government) is universal, equal, direct, and secret ballot elected students’ representative body in accordance with the requirements of the “Law on Higher Education” of Georgia.
- The student government is made up by the Academy’s student self-government system, which except cases considered by Law independently provides its authority inside and outside the university within its competence. Students’ Self-Governance is not a legal person.
- Legal status of Student self- government is defined by the legislation of Georgia.
Article 20. Final Provisions
- This provision is an integral part of the labor contract signed between the Academy and the student;
- In case of abolishion of this provision the changes and additions are made under the order of the Rector;